Monday, March 26, 2012

Modal Popup Issues

I have a couple of issues with the modal popup extender control.

1- When the popup shows, any dropdown list on the form behind gets hidden.

2- I can't add vb code (not script) under the buttons on the popup that are selected as either the ok or cancel controls of the popup extender.

3- To get around problem # 2, i didn't specify an ok or cancel button on the extender, and have code i want to run under the _click event of the buttons on the popup panel. The problem with that is, when the popup hides, all my dropdown lists on the base form remain hidden.

So the three problems are related in my scenario.

Thanks

Hi,

the ModalPopupExtender hides the select elements (DropDownList-Controls) when you use an Internet Explorer < 7.0. That is necessary, because the select elements always on top. This behavior is normal.

See my post:http://forums.asp.net/thread/1555265.aspx for your issue 3.

Regards
Marc André


Thanks,

I was able to solve this problem by hidding the popup panel using client side javascript.

No comments:

Post a Comment