Saturday, March 24, 2012

Modal Popup, DetailsView and UpdatePanel combined.

Hi all, this is my first foray into Atlas (and ASP.net) and I have come stuck with the following problem:

I am developing a simple lookup screen that lists users names along with email addresses in a GridView. There is a DetailsView control that allows insertion of new users as required. The lookup is contained within an updatePanel so only this portion of the page is refreshed when items are added, deleted, or changed. This works fine until:

I put the DetailsView into an atlas ModalPopup and have an 'Add User...' button. At this point the whole page refreshes and I cannot for the life of me get it to work correctly.

I have tried everything I can think of, scoured the web and forums but still no luck. I can get two of the three items (UpdatePanel, DetailsView, ModalPopup) working at once but the addtion of the third causes it all to go horribly wrong.Confused [*-)]

Can anyone out there help me?

Try adding UseSubmitBehavior="false" to the button that's causing the refresh. If that doesn't help, please post a simple sample demonstrating the problem. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment