Saturday, March 24, 2012

Modal Popup with asp.net controls on a masterpage through code behind

For some reason, if I have a masterpage, which has a modal popup control (or any toolkit item it seems) and if I have asp.net controls inside of that toolkit control like a textbox or something. If I try and access that textbox from code behind file of that masterpage it will not find it.

Anyone else had this issue?

I have commented out all my code and slowly tested my way through adding it back in and nothing works. But if I take that same exact code and put it on a regular (non-masterpage) file, it works like it's supposed to.

So what am I doing wrong on the masterpage to be able to find my controls from codebehind? Is there some sort of "extra" code I need to use to access items inside of a toolkit control for masterpages specifically?

Thanks.

Scratch that, I'm a freaking moron it seems.

I thought I was in the "page_load" sub, but I was not inside of any sub or function.

Apparently been a long day, I'm good now.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment