Saturday, March 24, 2012

Modal Popups and the big ".Show"....(method)

..or what I like to refer to as "You .Show me yours and I'll .Show you mine"..Big Smile

I have a modalpopup tied to a button, which is tied to a Panel and when I click the button
the Panel pops up using :

1) the CSS ModalBackground and,
2) display:none; in the HTML (to keep it from blinking)

Worksperfectly..However..when I invoke the same popup from another button (or DDL) using:

modalpopupextender1.Show

A) the CSS ModalBackground doesn't fire and,Surprise
B) the Panel is non-modal, because of A)Tongue Tied
C) I can't close / hide the Panel Crying

I can still use controls on the main form. This is only if Idon't use :

display:none;

in the HTML. If Ido use: display:none;

in the HTML..the panel never displays..?? Confused
Action Items:
1) Can anyone confirm this? Markup is available.
2) If already known, can you provide the answer?

Regards,

B.Griffin Cool

Hmm... I have used the mpe in similar situation but have never had the problem you seem to be having. Could you please post some code. Also try shwing the modal from javascript instead of a server side function and see if it work then.

When you put the display:none on the panel, are you doing this synamically or on the .aspx source page?


the Display:none is in the source..but I think I found the problem

on my own. It needs to be made clear to people not to mix controls

with that"other AJAX toolkit" . Tongue Tied The Panel and its OK / cancel

can be A#####, if all you ever do is invoke it from anevent (button click).

The extender doesn't care, since both controls inherit from the same control class.

If you're going to invoke it incode (.Show / .Hide) its gotta be Asp:Panel

(etc.)..I tried it..it works..Big Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment