Wednesday, March 21, 2012

ModalPopup and <SELECT>

Is there any way that ModalPopup would render properly on top of <select> html element, rather then creating a manual work around? I used my own popup server control that rendered iframe in the background, applying filter. But no shaddow. That's why ModalPopup seems to be more interesting solution, but this selection in the background...
Thank you for answers.I'm not sure I understand your question, but I think you're referring to the z-order behavior of SELECT elements in IE (and maybe FireFox, I'm not sure). If that's the case, unfortunately, no, there is no way to get things to appear over the top of them.

Thank you for reply.

But why won't Atlas implement an iframe to be rendered rather than a div (for the background) and this way the z-index problem with certain controls would be solved? IE6 is widely used and will be used by many customers, and we can't force them to switch to IE7 or Firefox.

May be using adaptive rendring this can be solved? Thank you for answers.


Using an IFRAME introduces a whole new set of problems and a lot of complexity. I don't know that this is addressed in Firefox or IE7.


Well, It's a shame such a great control won't have a normal behavious in IE 6 ( FireFox has no issues with <select>s, haven't tested it on IE 7 yet). I'm not sure about the complexity, since an iframe can be inserted into document tree as the div is inserted currently, and apply filter on it. That would work nicely for IE 6, when for FireFox just a regular div.

Anyway, my understanding is that it's not going to be implemented or fixed, and that's a shame.

Tthank you for information.

No comments:

Post a Comment